The history of the Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl can be traced back as far as the 19th century. Indeed, the transformation of Obergurgl from an idyllic mountain village into a first-class holiday destination is closely linked to the development of our family-run hotel. Take a look at some of the most important milestones at the Edelweiss & Gurgl since its creation:
- 1889 – Martin Scheiber, great grandfather of the current owner, builds the Gasthaus Edelweiss in Obergurgl
- 1929 – Martin Scheiber's son, Angelus, takes over the business with his wife Anna and adds the adjacent "Gurgl" building
- 1974 – Erich and Brunhilde Scheiber keep the business in the family and build an indoor swimming pool
- Since 2003 Tanja and Lukas Scheiber have been in charge of the "E&G". Combining respect for the hotel's long and proud past with the courage to break new ground, they continue to run the business with the same spirit as their predecessors, inspired by the wishes of their guests.